- Read, write, speak and understand English.
- Lift 50 pounds and carry 35 pounds.
- Push 250 pound resident in wheelchair or cart of same weight.
- Sit, stand, walk, squat, and bend at waist multiple times a shift.
- Perform repetitive arm/hand movement & reach above shoulder.
- Proficient at operating: extractor, vacuum, culinary machinery, driving, copier, computer.
- Education: GED or High School Graduation Required.
- Experience: 2 years in same or job related field.
- Certificates: Food Handlers (within 14 days).
- Licenses: None
GENERAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Learn to know special needs of residents and report changes in behavior (physical or emotional) to nursing.
- Be familiar with and follow Employee Handbook and General Requirements.
- Report needed repairs or unsafe conditions to maintenance or supervisor.
- Report immediately any on the job injury to supervisor or charge nurse.
- Maintain a clean work environment.
SPECIFIC DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in opening or closing dietary department and begin meal preparation under direction of cook.
- Present food in an attractive and palatable manner, with appropriate garnish, within prescribed hours.
- Maintain clean and safe work environment; follow cleaning schedule.
- Follow menus and recipes with adequate supply of food, while minimizing leftover waste.
- Maintain all food in appropriate safe temperature zones to protect the safety and integrity of all products.
- Store leftovers quickly and under refrigeration at prescribed levels, with labels indicating name of item and date of preparation.
- Keep refrigerator and freezer organized, grouping and rotating items.
- Able to work with machinery such as mechanical slicers, knives, peeler, zester, etc.
- Assist in preparing special occasion menu or foods.
- Perform other duties as directed by supervisor.