JOB SKILLS (Abilities essential to the job.)
- Read, write, speak and understand English.
- Lift 50 pounds and carry 25 pounds.
- Push 250 pound resident in wheelchair or cart of same weight.
- Sit, stand, walk, squat, and bend at waist multiple times a shift.
- Perform repetitive arm/hand movement & reach above shoulder.
- Proficient at operating: extractor, vacuum, copier, computer.
- Proficient at multi-tasking, organization, communication, leadership. Proficient at arts, crafts and/or music preferred
- Education: GED or High School required.
- Certificates: Food Handlers (within 14 days of hire), CPR+ 1st Aid (within 30 days)
- Dementia & Mental Health Training (within 90 days)
- WA State CNA or HCA license
- Washington State Driver’s License and no moving violations for past 3 years.
GENERAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Learn to know special needs of residents and report changes in behavior (physical or emotional) to nursing.
- Be familiar with and follow Employee Handbook and General Requirements.
- Report needed repairs or unsafe conditions to maintenance or supervisor.
- Report immediately any on the job injury to supervisor or charge nurse.
- Maintain a clean work environment.